Do I need a permit to burn trash or debris?
If you live in the incorporated City limits of Calera, you need a burn permit. You can pick up a Burn Permit at either Station One (1310 17th Ave) or Station Two (360 George Roy Pkwy.) If you have questions, you can contact the Fire Dept by email or by calling at 668-3518. There are times of the year when burning in Shelby County is prohibited. These prohibitions are established by ADEM (Alabama Dept of Environmental Management.)Read Municipal Code, Chapter 7, Article IV

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to burn trash or debris?
2. Where can I find the Calera Fire Administration building?
3. Who is in charge of finding out how fires start in Calera?
4. What information should I give the call taker when I call 9-1-1?
5. A fire truck, ambulance, or police car is approaching with its lights and sirens on .... What should I do?"
6. I have seen a fire truck with its lights and siren on go through an intersection .... then turn its lights off, .... Why?"
7. Can I have someone from the fire department check my blood pressure?
8. How should I plan for a disabled family member during a fire?
9. Can I use a fire hydrant in Calera to fill a pool?
10. Why do I have to dial 9-1-1? If I call the fire station direct would it save time?
11. What Fire Codes Does the City of Calera Operate Under?
12. What kind of fire extinguisher should I buy for my home?
13. Why do fire engines respond to car accidents, even when they didn’t look serious?