News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/19/2023 1:23:46 PM to 10/4/2023 12:00:01 AM.

News Flash

Home - News Carousel

Posted on: September 19, 2023

[ARCHIVED] Downtown Streetscape Improvements

TAP 300

The City of Calera recently secured funding for downtown streetscape improvements via a successful grant application to the Transportation Alternatives Set-aside Program (TAP). This federal grant is earmarked to create green spaces along Highway 25, spanning the area between the railroad tracks and Highway 31. It will also continue from Hwy 31 and Hwy 25 south to 17th Avenue (see map). Additionally, this grant will facilitate the replacement and repair of sidewalks to ensure ADA compliance and enhance accessibility for all of our residents and visitors. The project's benefits also include additional on-street parking and the installation of pedestrian crosswalks, contributing to safer pedestrian movement within the downtown business district.

In addition to these enhancements, the project will also encompass curb and gutter improvements aimed at providing ample drainage solutions. 
This grant operates on an 80/20 cost-sharing basis, with the city responsible for 20% of the project's total cost, amounting to $200,000, while the grant covers the remaining 80%, totaling $800,000. This development marks a significant stride forward in our ongoing efforts to revitalize downtown Calera.


Click here for a larger map image. 

Facebook Twitter Email