- Parks & Recreation
- Strawberry Festival
2023 Strawberry Festival
April 22nd, 2023 - Noon to 6 PM
Many of our citizens look forward to our annual strawberry festival. Our festival features a car show, vendors, performers, a Kid Zone, and other special events for the entire family!
9758 Hwy 25
Calera, AL 35040
Vendor Application (Complete and Submit Online)
Vendor Rules and Guidelines:
Permits and Application Fees
A grower's permit must be submitted (if applicable) upon your product being sold, with your Strawberry Festival application. Permits are available from the County Extension Office. The purpose of the growers' permit is to ensure that the products sold originate with the producer, his or her family, employees, or partners. This allows the producer and the customer to be exempt from state and local taxes for goods sold.
Vendors will be assigned spaces once the application fee has been paid.
Vendors will be licensed to sell and occupy from one space only. Additional space can be purchased if needed. Displays must be confined to the assigned space. No vehicles or displays should obstruct pedestrian traffic. Vendors must display products on tables in retail size containers, packages and display must be attractive (cannot sell out of back of truck, except for melons). No produce or edible products can be placed on the ground.
Vendor Fee Schedule
Booth Space Non Electric
Booth Space with Electric
To reserve your booth at the Strawberry Festival payment, an application and growers permit (if needed) must be turned in and processed on or before April 22, 2023. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
Checks should be made payable to The City of Calera.
Setup Information and Event Guidelines:
Vendors will be allowed to set up beginning at 9:30 a.m. the day of the event. All vendors must be setup and in place to sell no later than 11:00 am. Vendors must be ready to begin business when the Festival opens at Noon. No sales should take place before 12:00 pm. In the event of an emergency, contact the Park and Recreation Department at 205-668-7250.
- For safety reason, between 11:00 am and the close of the Festival at 6:00 pm, no vehicles will be allowed to enter or exit the Strawberry Festival set up area.
- If a vendor arrives after 11:00 am, they should park in the parking lot and carry goods to their assigned booth.
- We cannot guarantee a tent and table for a booth until the application and fees have been submitted. Notifications will be sent when the "City provided" tents and tables are no longer available.
- Any tents used must be 10 x 10 with no sides
- Tents must be secured by 1 - 50 pound sand bag per tent leg
- All tents must be in good repair (No rips/tears, broken parts, etc.)
- The use of electrical generators must be cleared with the Park and Recreation Department before usage. If there is a need for electricity to be run to your tent, there will be an additional $10.00 fee.
- Vendors must be sixteen years of age or older. Younger children are welcome and encouraged to participate, but must be accompanied by an adult responsible for the child's conduct and safety.
- In the event of rain, the Strawberry Festival will continue as long as conditions are safe. In the event of dangerous weather, all vendors should seek refuge under the large pavilion. The Park and Recreation Department has the right to cancel the event if conditions are deemed unsafe.
- The Park and Recreation Director will have the full power to enforce all rules and regulations. Failure by any vendor to comply with any of these rules and regulations can result in forfeiture of the right to do business at the Strawberry Festival or any other city event.
- It is recommended that vendors use safe, natural and colorful displays. Be aware of tripping hazards in the walk area. It is best to raise all displays (especially food items) at least 24 inches from the ground.
- It is recommended that each vendor have a sign identifying their business.
- Please keep your area clean during the Strawberry Festival. Make sure once the event is closed your area is clean.
Producers may sell their farm and kitchen products including (but not limited to): fruits, vegetables, eggs, cut flowers, plants, cheese, cider, jams, jellies, relishes, honey, home canned goods, and baked goods. Many items are subject to Health Department regulations. It is the responsibility of the producer to abide by these regulations. Contact the Health Department for inspection and approval. No cooking is permitted within the event area without prior approval by the Park and Recreation Department. It is the responsibility of each producer to abide by all state and federal regulations that govern the production, harvest, preparation, preservation, labeling, or safety of products offered for sale at the market. Vendors are liable for their products. The City of Calera shall not be held accountable for the products offered by vendors. Product and liability insurance is the responsibility of the vendor.
Seth GandyParks and Recreation DirectorPhone: (205)668-7241
Jeff StewartAssistant DirectorPhone: (205)668-7255
Tyler MadisonCommunity Program ManagerPhone: (205) 668-7256
Alex CampbellAthletic CoordinatorPhone: (205) 668-7251
Wade HydeAdministrative AssistantPhone: (205)668-7250