Online Permits Are Coming Soon!
What is needed for a permit?
These requirements are for new construction, additions or alterations:
- A copy of current state General Contractor License
- Building construction must comply with architect of engineer design. Change orders must be submitted prior to inspection
- Building drawings must be approved by the fire marshal prior to permit being issued
- Commercial final must be performed by the city fire marshal, city engineer, and Inspection Department before a Certificate of Occupancy can be issued
- Compaction results (if needed) to be turned in prior to any foundation or footing inspection
- Landscape drawings detailed with tree and planting description must be turned in for planning commission approval prior to final inspection
- Residential / commercial contractors and sub contractors must have a City of Calera business license prior to performing work
- Site plan must be submitted to city engineer and approved prior to building application approval
- Site plan to show water lines, gas lines, sewer lines, parking spaces, all signs, lift station if applicable, etc.
- Topographic plan must show all elevation and drainage, etc.
- Two sets of drawings with engineer or architect seal to include site plan, Topographic plan, plus complete building drawings with plumbing, HVAC, electrical, framing, and foundation, etc.
- Complete Building Application
Note: Permits will be ready for pickup three weeks after submission.
- These requirements are for new construction, additions or alterations.
- Copy of Current Homebuilders License
- Form surveys must be turned in before the final slab inspection inspection is done; this must be done by an engineer
- One sets of drawings
- Permit application completely filled out front and back
- Plot plan stamped by an architect or engineer
- Residential / commercial contractors and sub contractors must have a City of Calera business license prior to final inspector being called in; this will be checked
- Signed copy from Health Department on installation acceptance of private sewage disposal systems at time of application submittal
Note: Permits will be ready for pickup 72 hours after submission. Proof of Utility Tap fees will be required at the time of purchase.