- Household garbage must be in the approved garbage container in order to be picked up. Please contact Public Works at (205) 668-3511 for information on purchasing an additional can, if needed.
- Limbs, brush, and trees must be stacked or positioned so that all trunk ends will be to the street side. Brush should be no more than one pickup truck. Please contact click here to request a pick-up.
- Leaves, pine straw, and clippings will be picked up upon request (must be in bags or boxes). Please click here to request a pick-up.
Items Not Collected
- All work done by contractors, which generates trash and debris, must be removed by the contractor. If trees are taken down by a contractor they must remove all debris including tree tops.
- Animal waste, toxic substances, explosives, live ammunition, or other dangerous materials will not be collected.
- Debris from property that is cleared will not be collected.
- Furniture will not be collected. Charitable organizations will usually pick up furniture.
- Liquid paint and other flammable liquids will not be collected. Paint cans with dried paint will be picked up provided the lids are removed.
- Plumbing fixtures and appliances will not be collected.
- Tires will not be collected.
In the event of natural disaster this policy can be modified to address the immediate needs of the city.