- Absentee Voting
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A TRADITIONAL ABSENTEE BALLOT
§17-10-3, Code of Alabama
- The voter expects to be out of the county or state on Election Day.
- The voter is physically incapacitated and will not be able to vote in person on Election Day.
- The voter expects to work a shift which has at least (10) hours that coincide with the polling hours at their regular polling place.
- The voter is a student at and educational institution located outside the county of their permanent residence; and are, therefore, unable to vote at their usual polling place on Election Day.
- The voter is a member of, or a spouse of a member of, the armed forces of the United States or are otherwise entitled to vote by absentee pursuant the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 42, U.S.C. 1973ff.
- The voter has been appointed as an election officer at a polling place which is not their regular polling place.
- The voter has any physical illness or infirmity which prevents his or her attendance at the polls, whether her or she is within or without the county on the day of election.
- The voter is a caregiver for a family member to the 2nd degree of kinship, if the family member is confined to his or her home.
- A person who is incarcerated in prison or jail and has not been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude.
Application for Absentee Ballot *** Please note that a copy of your valid photo identification must be submitted along with this application.
The deadline to apply for an absentee ballot is Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Section 17-11-3 Code of Alabama 1975
Each Absentee Ballot Application must be returned to City Hall in person by the applicant or mailed to City Hall in separate envelopes to the following address:
Connie B. Payton, City Clerk
City of Calera
7901 Highway 31
Calera, Alabama 35040